Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A minha elegia






I wish i could smoke this night
inhale it as the pain of being awaken for long
doesn't drive me mad.
I wish i could swim,
let the water flood my body
and carry me back and forth
without a reason why..
i wish i could travel,
let my soul fulfill itself
as just another mathematical projection
frozen in time,
a builder of dreams..
I dreamnt of an old man
gathering a burnt newspaper from the ground,
a throwned out treasure,
pieces of god glued by inocense,
and i did smile at him
before he was taken away,
for he had not known me,
just a shared consciousness
of how life is an empty concept
He waved goodbye,
and we parted ways,
accompanied by a mid afternoon october rain,
and i saw that old man's life passing through me,
as softly as blades had pierced my skin before,
and i walked,
getting away from that old man,
not looking back,
there is nothing worse in life,
than feeling beauty and watching it show its true silhouete..
I got home,
and lit my last cigarrete,
perhaps that consciousness had not hit me yet,
but there i stood
just like in another day,
with work on my desk,
some books i did plan to read,
and music coming from the neighbours appartment.
I thought about some people i had met..
how things could have been different
had i been different.
But we do not choose who we are,
we can embezel ourselves or make ourselves scarse,
but in the end
what we are is eternally with us..
I look back a couple of years,
not with regret nor with sorrow,
to the things i'd done,
the few people that touched me,
those that tried to give me hope,
despicable word really,
i do remember them fondly,
like the last birthday of your childhood,
far away,fading...
a fence in the garden you'll lay in.
Some of my old writings tend to leave me a bit sad,
of tenacity and strenght that has long since abandoned,
i leave them here as paintings,
paving the floor,
covering this abyss..
I'm going to close my eyes now...

1 comment:

Pedro said...

and sleep tight for tomorrow everything will be the same.
You can't run away,
not until your time has come,
and every time you'll wake up, u'll be closer to your final death. Let's enjoy the first rays of rising sun, and fall asleep to sound of a busy city. Everything will be the same. Nothing can be changed unless we want it.